1 Kg mutton chopped into ½ inch pieces
2 Medium onions thinly sliced
2 Tomatoes thinly sliced
3 Tbsp green coriander leaves chopped
1 Tbsp garlic paste
1 Tbsp ginger paste.
1 Pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
Garam Masala (whole)
4 green cardamoms,
2 black cardamoms,
1 stick cinnamon,
4 cloves, 1 bay leaf,
2 dry red chillies,
5-6 balls black pepper
½ Cup oil
1Tsp turmeric powder
1Tsp red chilly powder
Salt to taste
2 Cups water.
1) In a deep pan or pressure cooker, put the oil and heat.
2) Once the oil is heated put the Asafoetida and all the Garam Masala and fry for a minute.
3) Then put the onions and fry until golden brown.
4) Put the meat and fry till meat is brownish, add ginger and garlic paste stirring occasionally.
5) Cook for 5 minutes then add the tomatoes and cook for further 8 minutes.
6) Add the salt, turmeric and red chilli powder and stir.
7) Add the water and close the lid. Cook until 3 whistles in a pressure cooker.
8 ) When using deep pan or wok (Karahi) cook for 45 minutes until mutton is cooked and oil appears on top.
9) Garnish with green coriander leaves.
10) Serve hot with rice, roti or pulao.