3 small potatoes cut in to wedges
6 medium cylindrical brinjal cut in to wedges of about 4 inches long
2 small tomatoes chopped
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp refined oil
1 tsp chilli powder optional
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp garlic paste
½ tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp cumin seed and coriander seed powder
Salt to taste
1) Heat the oil in Karahi or deep pan.
2) Add cumin seeds; let it crackle until cumin turns light brown in color.
3) Add potatoes; fry for ½ a minute add brinjal and fry for 1 minute.
4) Add salt, turmeric powder and fry for 1 minute.
5) Add ginger and garlic paste, fry for about a minute or until ginger-garlic gives cooked aroma.
6) Add cumin and coriander powder, fry for ½ a minute.
7) Add tomatoes fry for about 1 minute, keep stirring, don’t let it burn.
8) Add one and half cups of water, let it cook in a medium heat until vegetables are cooked and gravy has formed.
9) Vegetables should not be watery.
10) Serve hot, serve with plain rice, pulao or roti.