Potatoes 1kg (Peel the potatoes and cut them in to 1 cm thick wedges )
Ghee or refined oil1/2 cup
Ginger paste 1 ½ tea spoon
Garlic Paste 1 ½ tea spoon
Red chilli powder ½ tea spoon
Red chilly 2 pieces broken in to half
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder ½ tea spoon.
Salt to taste.
1) Heat the Ghee or refined oil on the Wok ( Karahi)
2) Add Cumin seeds asafoetida and red chilli pcs let it crackle for 1 minute
3) Add potatoes and let it cook for about 10 minutes in medium heat, stirring time to time
4) Add red chilly powder ,salt and turmeric powder , let it cook for 2 minutes
5)Add ginger paste and garlic paste , let it cook until it turns red and crisp ,stirring time to time
6) Serve with Rice , Roti or Chiura(Beaten Rice).