This recipe is from our friend, Manu Malla
5 medium sized potatoes
2 raw bananas
75 gram sesame seed (Til)
3 small green Chilies slit into half
½ cup green coriander (cilantro or Dhania) leaves finely chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp fenugreek Seed (Methi)
2 tbsp refined oil
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes and bananas until they are cooked.
- Peel the potatoes and bananas and cut them into one inch dice.
- Roast the sesame seed in a pan until the sesame starts to crackle and roasted smell comes out. Make sure you do not burn it black.
- Let the sesame cool down for some time and powder it in a blender. If roasted sesame power is available, you can use it instead.
- Mix the potatoes, bananas, coriander leaves, sesame powder, lemon and salt in a bowl.
- Put the turmeric powder on top of the above mixed ingredients (number 5).
- Heat the oil in a pan and once the oil is heated put the fenugreek (methi) seed and let it be brown.
- Turn off the flame and put the chilies on the pan.
- Pour the content of the pan on top of the turmeric powder.
- Mix all the ingredients once again.
- Ready to serve with rice, roti, beaten rice (Chiura) or any other dish you want.